We are proud to announce that the final adjudications for the MINISTERIAL YOUTH EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2015 are taking place at USB-ED on Thursday, 22 January 2015.
Of the 46 projects submitted, 22 have been short listed to present their work to a Final Adjudications Panel of Judges. The winners of the Ministerial Youth Excellence Awards will be announced at the Western Cape Department of Social Development’s Award Ceremony held on the 13th March 2015 in partnership with USB-ED and the Impumelelo Social Innovations Centre.
This event forms part of the Youth Development Strategy, which aims to create better services, opportunities and support for young people. The strategy takes a whole-of-society approach in partnership with civil society and the private sector to create an enabling environment where young people can grow and develop to become active citizens and economic drivers.
The awards process will be guided by the five pillars (strengthening families, improving education and training, increasing access to economic opportunities and giving youth a positive sense of belonging) and four thematic areas (youth transitions and change, youth life chances and opportunity pathways, youth leadership development, and youth who live in rural and farm areas) of the Department’s Youth Development Strategy. This will enable the panel of judges to identify, evaluate and select individuals / initiatives that are pioneering innovative solutions to address the challenges and status quo within their respective communities.
We wish to congratulate the following short-listed projects (listed alphabetically):
- Activate! Change Drivers - Siyashesha Leadership Incubator NPC
- Chrysalis Academy - Youth Development
- Dance for All - Rural Outreach
- Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation - Youth Centre
- Drakenstein Palliative Hospice
- Etafeni Day Care Centre - Fit For Life, Fit for Work (FLFW)
- Go for Gold - Tuition for Youth
- Gold Peer Education Development Agency
- Ikamva Lisezandleni Zethu - Ikamva Youth
- Mamelani Projects - Proseed Youth Development
- National Institute for the Deaf (NID) - Links4Life Programme Development
- New World Foundation - Education Support, Youth Leadership Development & Combating Youth Unemployment
- SAEP Tertiary Support Programme - Butterfly Palliative Community Resource Centre
- Salesian Institute Youth Projects - Youth Employment Skills
- The Hugo Lambrechts Music Trust
- The Sozo Foundation - Sozo Educentre
- TSiBA Education NPC - Rural Innovations and Access
- Usiko Stellenbosch Youth Development
For more information about each of the projects, please do not hesitate to contact Impumelelo Social Innovations Centre at email@example.com
or 021 918 4390.